Allocation Expansion of Currencies
If you have set up a cost allocation system, you can expand currency definitions so that there can be a different exchange rate for each allocation block. For example, if you have set up an allocation system to represent the years 2010 to 2012, you can use allocation expansion to provide different exchange rates for each year. These rates will then automatically be applied to the correct year whenever that currency is used.
Expanding a Currency Definition
1. Use menu command Setup Menu/Currencies to bring up the Currencies form, then click on a currency definition to select it.
2. Click on Expand in the Allocation Expansion frame. The currency will split into separate allocation blocks.
3. Enter appropriate exchange rates for each block.
Editing an Expanded Definition
All members of an allocation-expanded currency definition must have the same name and symbol, so you cannot alter these in the expanded format. If you wish to do so, you must temporarily convert the definition to an unexpanded format:
1. Click on Edit in the Allocation Expansion frame.
2. All allocation-expanded currency definitions will be converted to an unexpanded format. Change names or symbols as required. Exchange rates cannot be edited in this mode, so the exchange rate boxes will be temporarily blanked.
3. Click on Edit again to restore the currency definitions to their expanded format.